Barnard Island Group National Park
Facilities and activities
The islands of Barnard Island Group National Park, Queensland. Photo: D.Honchin. © Commonwealth of Australia (GBRMPA).
Welcome to the Barnard Island Group, traditional 'sea country' of the local Mamu Aboriginal people.
From 5 to 10km offshore, 90km south of Cairns in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
The islands feature outstanding rock formations and diverse landforms including shallow reefs, sand spits, beaches and dense rainforest-clad slopes. They also host important seabird rookeries.
- Barnard Islands map
- Great Barrier Reef zoning information and maps
- Fishing bag and size limits
- Tropical Coast National Parks Journey Guide
- Be pest-free! brochure
- Barnard Island Group National Park Management Plan
- Sisters Island restricted access area notice
- Stephens Island restricted access area notice
- Species lists