ex-TC Debbie update - Springbrook National Park partially open
This alert applies to the following parks:
Following damage from ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie, some areas of Springbrook National Park are now partially open. Stay alert for hazards and drive to the conditions.
OPEN areas include:
- The following lookouts - main western lookout at Purling Brook Falls, Canyon lookout, Goomoolahra lookout and Best of All lookout.
- All day-use and picnic areas, including Gwongorella picnic area at Purling Brook Falls, Settlement day-use area, Tallanbana picnic area and Goomoolahra picnic area.
- Settlement camping area.
- Purling Brook circuit, from the main western lookout to the John Stacey suspension bridge ONLY—you will need to return the same way (the eastern side from the suspension bridge to the eastern lookout including the causeway at the top of the falls, and the track to Settlement day-use area remain closed).
- Warringa Pool track (access from Purling Brook circuit only).
- Twin Falls circuit from the Canyon lookout ONLY (there is no access from Tallanbana picnic area).
- Warrie circuit.
- Natural Bridge section including Natural Bridge circuit.
The following areas remain temporarily CLOSED until declared safe:
- Cascades track in Mount Cougal section.
- Gold Coast & Hinterland Great Walk.
Observe all signage, barriers and directions from rangers, and do not enter closed areas.
Commercial tour operators and other permit or agreement holders are not permitted to enter closed areas.
Access to Springbrook plateau is via Pine Creek Road, as access restrictions apply to Gold Coast-Springbrook Road.
Stay informed of road closures and conditions:
- Check road conditions
Park Alerts will be regularly updated regarding conditions on park. The next update will be provided by Friday 28 April 2017.