Sport and Recreation Conference – plan, prepare, perform
The Sport and Recreation Conference – plan, prepare, perform will be delivered across Queensland by industry experts to cover the latest trends and future challenges impacting the sport and recreation industry.
The multi-day conference series will focus on key local issues across eight locations, through a unique blend of presentations, case studies and engaging workshops, to help build organisational capacity, inspire new ideas and encourage individuals to take on challenges and strengthen sport and recreation clubs and organisations across Queensland.
In partnership with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games’ (GC2018) Legacy Program, the Sport and Recreation Conference – plan, prepare, perform will provide industry professionals with the latest information and trends in sport and recreation, and volunteers with training in core club management topics.
The conference series will kick off on 4 February 2017 at the Gold Coast, with a one day program focussed on the unique opportunities provided by having the Commonwealth Games in our own backyard.
The conference will also feature trade displays at some locations and provide networking opportunities for participants.
Day one program
Presented by industry experts, day one will focus on industry trends and best practice models in sport and recreation across five key topics:
- Plan – mapping the future of sport and recreation
- People – connecting with members, community, players and volunteers
- Prepare – it's more than just a game
- Perform – the rise in recreation
- Perform – a new way to play
Day two program
Through Building Active Community Workshops, day two provides training within two critical organisational development fields:
- Governance – role of the Board and board members
- Governance – financial management: analysing financial reports and budgets
- Facility Management – maintenance planning and management
- Facility Management – growth and sustainability
- 4 February 2017 – Gold Coast
- 10-11 February, 2017 – Toowoomba
- 17-18 February, 2017 – Brisbane
- 24-25 February, 2017 – Emerald
- 3-4 March, 2017 – Redcliffe
- 10-11 March, 2017 – Hervey Bay
- 17-18 March, 2017 – Townsville
- 24-25 March, 2017 – Cairns
To register for your local Sport and Recreation conference, visit the Education and Training calendar.