Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Learn from industry experts at the Sport and Recreation Conference
Kick start 2017 learning from leading industry experts at the free Sport and Recreation Conferences happening across Queensland.
- Welcome ex-HMAS Tobruk to our waters
After 34 years of loyal and distinguished service, ex-HMAS Tobruk is destined to eventually become a world-class artificial reef dive site in Great Sandy Marine Park.
- Be dingo-safe this holiday season
Stay safe on Fraser Island these holidays by following NPSR’s dingo-safe tips.
- Get Playing Places and Spaces and Get Going Clubs Round 5 approved funding
Successful applicants for Round 5 Get Playing Places and Spaces and Get Going Clubs have been announced. Find out if your organisation has been successful in receiving a grant.
- Have your say on Daisy Hill's future use
You are invited to have your say on the draft Daisy Hill Directions Paper. Submissions close on 31 January 2017.
- Smoking restrictions in National Parks
Smoking will be restricted in national parks from 1 February 2017
- Marine Turtle Field Guide
New marine turtle field guide now available.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
Book and pay online for camping permits and vehicle access permits in Queensland National Parks and State Forests.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Wi-Fi hotspots
- Share your passion for parks
- Consultation and notices
- Values based park management framework
- Grazing on QPWS estate
- Declared fish habitat areas
- Park management planning
- Joint management of Cape York Peninsula national parks
- Nature Conservation Act 1992 amendment FAQ
- Commercial activities
- Fire management
- Myrtle Rust
- Pest plants and animals
- Proposed North Harbour development
- Harvesting native timber on State forests
- Community survey